Smart Eating for Perimenopause: A Nutrition & Lifestyle Guide
ACHIEVING OPTIMAL HEALTH THROUGH PERIMENOPAUSE
While menopause is the time that marks the end of your menstrual cycles, perimenopause is the sequence of events that lead up to menopause. This involves fluctuating hormones and a multiple of symptoms, with a wide variety of experiences between women. It can last from 2 to 10 years, so symptoms can start to appear for women in their 30s and 40s.
Our Nutrition for Perimenopause Course provides detailed information on what exactly happens to our hormones during this time and discusses symptoms associated with each stage and why. We outline the impact of decreasing hormones on blood sugar management as well as the immune and digestive systems and why exactly stress management, exercise and our thyroid function are so important at this time.
Ultimately, the course will provide insights, tips, nutrition and lifestyle advice to help support women through this stage of their lives. It is designed for health coaches and nutrition advisers, as well as women looking for more detailed information on how perimenopause can impact on their body and what they can do to support themselves. This includes a masterclass on the importance of good fats, a discussion on HRT and how to rethink exercise when perimenopause has made it more difficult.
WHO IS THE PERIMENOPAUSE COURSE FOR?
Health Coaches looking for trustworthy knowledge, understanding and confidence to support women through perimenopause.
*Please read the IINH Scope of Practice before taking the course so you are fully aware of your requirements as a health coach
Women looking to gain a more detailed understanding of the impact of hormonal changes on their body at this time, as well as insights and tips to help them make smarter dietary and lifestyle choices during perimenopause.
This course is recognised for 30 CPD hours
Approval provided by UKIHCA
Next Course: Available Now
Course length and cost:
Course will be accessible for 6 months from the date of enrolment. You can watch the videos at any time during this period and download the handouts to keep.
Delivery is fully online:
- 4 hours of pre-recorded lecture videos.
- 45 downloadable handouts plus IINH recipe eBook and meal ideas.
- Each section is rounded off with a multiple-choice quiz to help you consolidate the material.
- There is a Discussion forum that is regularly monitored for any questions.
IINH Certificate of Completion.
This course is recognised for 30 CPD hours. Approval provided by UKIHCA.
In this video, course tutor, Helen Cassidy, gives an overview of the Nutrition for Perimenopause course, who the course is for and what knowledge you will gain from it.
If you have any questions about the course, please feel free to register your interest below and a member of our team will be in touch to answer any queries you may have.
How is the course presented?
The Perimenopause course comes in video format along with comprehensive downloadable PDFs. We also provide practical handouts and recipes. Research citations, other references and links are included in the handouts.
Specifically, you will receive 4 hours of video presentations, 45 supporting handouts, plus IINH Taste Health recipes and meal ideas.
Each course section is rounded off with a multiple-choice quiz to help you consolidate the material.
Participants will also be supported by the programme creator, Helen Cassidy, who will offer 1-hour Q&A sessions intermittently throughout the year.
The course is accessible for 6 months from date of enrolment. You can watch the videos at any time during this period and download the handouts to keep.
- Introduction: Difference between menopause and perimenopause; Signs and symptoms; Basic science explaining how your menstrual cycle works and what happens to your hormones during menopause.
- If it’s a natural process, why am I experiencing these symptoms? Factors that can make perimenopause worse, looking at Stress; Blood sugar connection; The ‘Gut’ connection; Thyroid Health; Immune Health and more.
- What can I do to help? Diet & Medication – Foods to support your hormone balance, such as phytoestrogens, omega 3 and probiotic foods. Includes a Masterclass on Fats from Richard Burton.
- What can I do to help? Lifestyle – reducing stress, improving your sleep and how to rethink exercise when perimenopause has made it more difficult.
- Key Nutrients in perimenopause, supplement support and includes a discussion on HRT.
GET YOUR FREE SAMPLE CLASS TODAY
BA (Hons) Psych, dip NT, mNTOI
Helen Cassidy qualified as a Nutritional Therapist in 2011 and operates a private practice in South Dublin. Prior to this, she earned a BA (Hons) in Marketing and Languages from DCU and worked in various management positions over a 15-year career with a large Irish financial institution.
Richard founded IINH in 2002 with a mission to spread understanding of nutrition and health, and to educate, motivate and train as many people as possible to do the same. He is principal tutor for the Nutrition & Health Coaching programme.