- Vegans, vegetarians and others looking for inspiration and practical ideas for animal-free meals, foods, products, snacks, recipes, meal plans, etc.
- Those already eating a vegan diet – or on the way – but have nutrition concerns or health questions. Is my diet diverse enough? How will I get enough protein…… vitamins… minerals….omega-3? Which oils are best to cook with? Are vegan convenience foods and meals OK? Should I take supplements? Why do beans make me bloated? How can I eat vegan and lose (or gain) weight? And so on….
- Healthcare professionals, including Nutritional Therapists and Nutrition & Health Coaches and students, who want deeper understanding and practical help to support clients moving to a healthy plant-based diet.
- Anyone wanting practical guidance to make smarter choices of plant foods and ingredients: quality protein foods and powders, fibre and prebiotics, nutrient-dense options, decoding labels, healthy vs harmful fats and oils, healing herbs and spices, safer sources and suppliers, organic priority foods, etc.
- The Healthy Vegan class is presented in a relaxed, informal style. While Maggie demonstrates and explains a range of recipes, a Nutritional Therapist will discuss and answer questions about nutrition and health issues associated with plant-based eating: How diverse is your diet? Where is your protein coming from? How much refined starch are you eating. What about the problematic vitamins and minerals? How about the Omega-3s? – and so on.
- This is a straightforward, practical approach to veganism with simple recipes that can be adapted in lots of ways for many dishes. We break for a light lunch cooked by Maggie, and the day culminates around the dinner table with a plateful of the delicious plant-based foods you have seen prepared.
*Timings are approximate
More on Maggie’s specialist work at IINH:
Maggie has a rare talent for creating practical recipes and tasty dishes for adults and children with special dietary requirements. She offers bespoke one-to-one training and private group sessions for people with diabetes, cancer, coeliac disease, intolerances, inflammatory bowel diseases, among others. Recipes and menu plans can be created to satisfy an individual’s unique blend of dietary requirements, preferences and circumstances.