This hearty dish embodies layers of rich flavours and comforting textures, making it a beloved staple in Greek and Middle Eastern cuisine. It embodies pure
- 3-4 heads garlic
- Olive oil to blend
- Separate the garlic bulbs into cloves and peel.
- Place the cloves and a little oil to a high-speed blender and process until it becomes a smooth paste. Stop the machine, using a spatula scrape down the sides of the blender bowl. Add a little more oil and repeat the above process. The processing should take between 30 - 45 sec in total.
- Spoon into a clean sterilised jar with a lid and store in fridge for up to 2 weeks. Alternatively, add to ice cube trays, cover and freeze for up to 6 months.
- Sometimes you will come across a little green 'germ' within the centre of the individual garlic cloves. This is best removed as it will can give the garlic a bitter taste.
- How to freeze ice cubes: Spoon the purée into small ice-cube trays and place in the freezer until frozen, about 2 hours. After the cubes are frozen, add them to a freezer bag and store in your freezer for up to 6 months.
- Often the jar of garlic lives longer than just 2 weeks in my fridge, The oil helps to preserve it, so it is perfectly fine to use. The only obvious change will be its colour, but I have used it at the 4 week stage.
- A note on Taste: The garlic will lose some of its strength flavour wise. It will also gradually lose a bit of its nutritional value BUT the pro’s out weigh the con’s. It will help speed up your cooking prep MASSIVELY….
A lovely go to soup if entertaining at any-time of year.
This delightful pan-fried trout recipe is served with tender new baby potatoes, crisp asparagus, and a refreshing tangy yogurt and mustard dressing. It's a perfect