Digestive Health: The Key to Wellness & Longevity
Optimise your gut health
In this short course, Petra will lead you on a journey through your digestive tract. You will learn why each part of the system is vital and how to best optimise its function through supportive dietary and lifestyle choices.
The course is accompanied by downloadable handouts and a printable recipe eBook by Maggie designed to nourish digestive wellness.
How it is presented?
The course material is presented on our platform, Brightspace. You will have access for 6 weeks when you can read the content while listening to accompanying podcasts by Petra. You can download the content in comprehensive PDFs to keep after the 6 weeks. You will also have access to Maggie’s Recipe for Digestive Wellness which you can download,
Introduction to Digestive Health for wellness
We now offer vouchers so that you can give the gift of health to your loved ones. Simply contact our centre manager, Pauline, by email at [email protected] or call +353 87 649 3194 and she will arrange this for you. Vouchers start at €50.
Next Course: Available Now
Course cost: €49
This is a self-paced course, delivered fully online:
Access for 6 weeks
All the content in 3 comprehensive downloadable handouts to keep
40 mins of podcasts to accompany the content, available for 6 weeks
Printable eBook ‘Recipes for Digestive Wellness’ by Maggie
On your journey through the gastrointestinal tract you will learn about..
Digestion & Absorption
- The organs directly involved in the digestive activities within the gastrointestinal tract (GIT)
- The accessory organs that contribute to digestion and absorption processes
- What happens to food at each stage
- The role of the accessory organs play and their secretions
- The role of hydrochloric acid
Benefits of the Microbiome
- Gut microflora and how they keep us healthy
- Factors that can harm or support microbiome health
How to Nourish the microbiome with Diet
- You will learn practical ways to nourish the microbiome with suitable foods
How to nourish the Microbiome with Lifestyle
- You will learn practical ways to nourish the microbiome through smart lifestyle choices
Cephalic Digestion and The impact of Stress
- Cephalic digestion and how to support it
- The impact of stress on digestive function
Optimising digestive health through food
- How to optimise digestion through food
- About ‘Leaky Gut Syndrome’ and ways to support the gastrointestinal lining
Start your journey to optimal digestive health
PETRA FULHAM BSc (Hons) in Applied Human Nutrition
Petra is a nutritional therapist with a BSc (Hons) in Applied Human Nutrition and a diploma in Nutritional Therapy. Her key areas of clinical focus are women’s health, particularly digestion, mindful eating and all nutrition related health aspects of peri-menopause.