6 TOP TIPS FOR TOP GLUTEN FREE BAKING
- Gluten free fresh items generally have short shelf lives. Bake small quantities and freeze uneaten items to be reheated and served warm
- Gluten is the ‘Stretch’ factor in baking. Gluten free baked goods tend to dry out without this strech factor so they need moisture and good binders.
- Avoid over baking. In general bake GF items at 25 C lower.
- Pre-mix gluten free flours ahead of time. Keep labelled and ready to use.
- Store flours in air-tight or glass containers with a tight lid.
- It’s best to refrigerate all flours, or store in a cool pantry. Flours with more fat such as almond, corn, soya, wholegrain or coconut flours tend to spoil quickly at room temperature.
2lb loaf tin