This recipe is one of many designed for family meals that include youngsters (not infants), and each will serve about 3-6 people. They have been given a ‘thumbs up’ based on feedback from parents who have attended Maggie’s ‘Easy meals for busy Mums and Dads’ cooking classes. Enjoy!
- 450 grams chicken fillets
- 1 dessertspoon ground coriander
- 1 dessertspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- Small pinch cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 1 small teaspoon salt
- 50 grams diced onion
- 1 cm piece of ginger, finely grated
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 25 grams ground almonds
- 250 grams diced red pepper
- 220 mls chicken stock
- 1 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 20 grams fresh coriander, chopped.
- Cut chicken into strips. Set aside
- Mix all ingredients (apart from chicken, lemon and fresh coriander) in a bowl. Blend either in a Magimix (best) or with a hand blender until a sauce is formed.
- Heat sauce in a saucepan and in the meantime lightly ‘seal’ the chicken in a wok or pan using just a little oil. Transfer chicken to sauce and simmmer for about 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked.
- Add lemon and coriander. Taste and season as required.
- Serve with brown basmati rice, quinoa, naan bread; or cold in wholemeal pitta bread.