- 8 chicken drumsticks, slashed with a knife
- 2 tablespoons corn flour
- 2 dessertspoons fine polenta (corn meal)
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- Seasoning of Herbamare, sea salt, pepper
- 1 dessertspoon toasted sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoon natural yoghurt
- 1 clove garlic, minced and mixed with yoghurt
- Preheat oven to 200 C. Sieve all dry ingredients together and place in a plastic bag. Put chicken drumsticks into bag and shake to lightly coat with flour mixture. Remove chicken.
- Massage yoghurt over chicken, shake off excess yoghurt and toss in flour mixture again. Place on a tray and bake in oven for about 30 minutes.
- Cut chicken into strips. Set aside
- Mix all ingredients (apart from chicken, lemon and fresh coriander) in a bowl. Blend either in a Magimix (best) or with a hand blender until a sauce is formed.
- Heat sauce in a saucepan and in the meantime lightly ‘seal’ the chicken in a wok or pan using just a little oil. Transfer chicken to sauce and simmer for about 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked.
- Add lemon and coriander. Taste and season as required.
- Serve with brown basmati rice, quinoa, naan bread; or cold in wholemeal pitta bread.