1. To temper chocolate: Place 500 grams dark chocolate into a bowl set over a saucepan of water at max temperature 35 C – make sure the bowl does not touch the water. When the chocolate has melted check the temperature, which should not exceed 32 C. Add in the 100 grams dark chocolate and keep stirring until melted. Keep temperature at 30 – 32 C for about 10 minutes, then cool to about 29 C.
2. Mix Christmassy mincemeat https://www.iinh.net/vegan-friendly-christmassy-mincemeat/ into melted chocolate and pour mixture into a jug with a wide spout.
3. Place your tray of clean silicon molds on a metal baking tray, then fill each mold until chocolate is level with the rim.
4. Gently tap the mold tray to remove all the air bubbles.
5. Place the filled tray of molds in the refrigerator for 10 -15 minutes or until chocolate is hard.
6. Remove from fridge, push out the gingermen onto parchment and decorate.