This recipe is designed for a family meal that include youngsters (not infants), and will serve about 3-6 people. They have been give a ‘thumbs up’ based on feedback from parents who have attended Maggie’s ‘Easy meals for busy Mums and Dads’ Taste Health cooking classes. Enjoy!
- 6 eggs
- 100 grams cheddar cheese
- 4 slices rashers (bacon), diced
- 1 small head of black kale/cabbage/spinach – chopped and blanched for 1-2 mins
- 4 spring onions, chopped fine
- 20 grams flat parsley, finely chopped
- 100 grams cheddar cheese, grated
- Salt / pepper
- Olive oil for pan
- Lightly fry diced rashers on a small pan and drain on kitchen paper.
- Blanch chopped kale in boiling salted water for 1-2 mins, drain and squeeze out excess liquid with your hands.
- Place eggs in a bowl and season. Beat lightly and whisk in cheeses, then add spring onions, parsley, rashers and kale.
- Heat small pan and lightly oil. Remove excess oil with kitchen paper and pour in egg mixture, then cook on hob for about one minute. Cover lightly with tin foil, then bake in oven until set and golden, about 20-25 minutes.
- Serve with mixed baby leaves or new baby potatoes and simple green vegetables.